Spending time in the wilderness is great for the soul. Even with the most comfortable of accommodations in a cabin requires thinking ahead and budgeting. To help make your trip memorable and get off to the right start, follow our top tips below.
1. Consider the amenities included in your stay. Electricity, running water, linens, and kitchen supplies are among things you have to ask before booking a cabin reservation. This will help you set a budget.
2. Clothes packing should be done with caution. When you stay at an all-inclusive resort, it’s easier to pack because you have temperature-controlled climate. When vacationing in the outdoors, you never know the elements so pack warm and cold clothing.
3. Learn to use a compass and a map. Yes, even with modern technology like Google Maps; you don’t always get service in the wilderness.
4. Research the area ahead of time for available outdoor activities nearby. If hiking, bring binoculars to spot some spectacular wildlife.
Not sure what to pack? Here’s a general list (variations depend on what’s included at site):
- Sheets, blankets, pillows
- Air mattress and pump if needed
- Coolers (if needed)
- Pots/pans/cooking utensils
- Eating dishes and silverware
- Plastic wrap/aluminum foil
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
- Dish soap/rags (if needed)
- Condiments and seasonings
- Enough for wet/cold/dry temps
- Laundry bag
- Swim suits/towels
- Toiletries for showering
- Bug spray
- Extra batteries
- Fishing supplies
- Pocket knife
- Phone charger
Your next step is to contact Berry Creek Cabins for reservation information and to hear about our wonderful cabin amenities.